Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Mean Feminists LIVE!!!

So Vicky and I haven't posted in a looooong time, but we are STILL around. Unequivocally, this absence has been my fault. Some weirdness in Blogger didn't let Vicky post, and I've been too lazy to fix it -- I'm pretty sure it works now.

It's not that I didn't have anything to contribute here. It's more like I had so much, I didn't know where to begin.

Some changes will probably be implemented here. We might move, possibly. We obviously need to clean up our links and all of that, so it might be a good idea to reintroduce ourselves on a brand-new site. Obviously, a link will be provided!

For those of you that still check here periodically, my sincerest apologies. Many of you have moved on, I don't doubt. Many feminist blogs have died in the past year or so, which follows, since most of our blogs started around the same time. The natural cycle, and such.

Since we have not been active, I've been somewhat surprised about the fact that our posts still generate a good deal of comments. However, not many of our comments lately have been positive and are clearly coming from non-feminist sources. Since we allow anyone to comment, there have been a lot of pretty awful comments. This, in turn, hasn't motivated me to return here.

Although I originally instituted to open comment policy because I was trying to differentiate our blog from typical "safe space" feminist blogs, I may reconsider this.

So, hello! I'm glad to be back, and hopefully we can get this place running again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah there is some crazy shit being posted to this blog... looks like some pervert stayed up all night putting gross comments up, how flattering.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back Edith :)

I think the internet is currently bursting with perverts putting gross comments on feminist blogs in the hope that we'll all STFU.

*shrug*

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogs that are moderated actually aren't so bad, ie, you don't have to be registered but the comments have to go through a moderator before they get put up. It doesn't take any extra steps on the part of the poster, and it keeps discussion a lot more, well, civil. (And coherent, as most trolls make very little sense at all...)

I did like the marijuana spam you got, however. :P

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...



Hi Edith & Vicky,

My name is Alex and I just had a quick question about your blog. Please email me back at your earliest convenience!

Alexandra@barnard.edu

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home